Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm DIZZY!

Ok - So I was mildly chastised (thanks for the push, though, Kit) for having neglected my lonely little blog... Good thing they let your account stand unused indefinitely (I think)!

I am working my way into a new venture, a new stage of my evolution as it were. I'm working on developing a modest website dedicated to healing the tumultuous relationship so many of us have with my favorite four-letter word: FOOD.

It's important to me to start working on my goal and a wise person suggested a website because of the possibility for a more instantaneous type of gratification than might be avilable through other methods. I hope to use the contacts I make through the site to extend my abilities to share with people the struggles I (and so many others) have had with food - and show them that there is hope for healing.

One way I hope to accomplish this is through a book of recipes accompanied by the stories of those who gifted the recipes to me. Another is the development of a program I can personally teach to people who want to learn more about food as a way to nourish more than just their bodies; it's about so much more than mere physical sustenance.

I understand that baby steps (with an occasional leap off a cliff) are probably the best way to approach my new venture. There is so much for me to learn! But with each thing I learn, whether about nutrition, business or web development, I put myself that much closer to my goal of having a truly meaningful career - a "lifestyle" that I have designed myself, not just allowed to "happen" to me.

This post is a bit stream of consciousness, eh? Yeah, well, my mind traveling in so many directions at once tends to make my writing that way, too. Go figure!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: