Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Getting Started on a Story

I am so excited. I have just been doing some research for a story idea I had and I think it's all going to work out well. I started writing the story a couple days ago after reading an article about Grain Amaranth early last week. It's amazing where story ideas find their genesis!

I will be posting the story in chapters on storywrite.com and hope I can get at least a few people hooked to help me along during its development. The plan right now is to write it from the points of view of two different characters, one in first person and the other in third person. It's not a new concept (see the Bartimaeus Trilogy and Anne Rice's Beauty series), but I think I might be able to pull it off.

I don't want to give too much away (just in case anyone actually reads this post), but two distant cousins inherit property from an elderly uncle and find friendship, a new purpose in life and some old family secrets in the process. There's a lot of ground to cover and I think I might have found an idea that's actually long enough to translate into a book.

Tentative/Working Title: Raising Amaranth

Here's me wishing me luck!

No comments: