Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mmmm... Hummus

So, I had a choice tonight - do laundry, clean up the living room or make hummus.

I chose... hummus!

Here's the process in pictures:

First, gather the ingredients. I make a lean, mean hummus with no frills and no tahini. Don't like the flavor, don't put it in my hummus. I start with a good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Er, uh, Houston, we have a problem.



Oh, whew.



Then some lemon juice. I'm not as picky in that respect.



Add some garlic. Hmmm... This needs to go on my next shopping list, too.



The "equipment".



Garbanzo beans. I had soaked these a few days ago and then I cooked them this evening.



Chunk it all in the food processor together.



And... whir... Check out the obstinate bean.



Messy goodness. We're almost there!



Voila! The finished product.



The best part? Even the pickiest kid in the world loves it!

2 comments:

Kyddryn said...

Cute pick of Noodle!! Obstinate bean...heh...

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Kit said...

Just a heads-up, since it's almost time for your monthly post again. . . ;)
(ya know I love ya)