Monday, July 07, 2008

Once and Future Queen

Queen Bitch, that is.

I have been losing whatever patience I had with the Noodle Dude lately. Seems he's lost (or stifled) the ability to L.I.S.T.E.N. It doesn't much matter what I am saying, he apparently hears, "Wah, wha, wah, wha, wha" like the Peanuts adults.

Grrrr!

So, enter my past and present BFF: Bach Flower Essences Rescue Remedy!

These little bottles contain liquid calm - it is so effective that when I was smack in the throes of PPD after Noah's birth (gawd, that was an AWFUL time) and I took this stuff, I almost invariably passed out. Knowing it's effect, I was careful to take it when someone else was there to mop up the spit up and change the shitty-bum diapers.

Now it's more a matter of threshhold resetting. When my tolerence for the life of a 4-year-old is on a razor thin edge, I place a couple drops under my tongue or pop in a pastille and the borderline recedes to a safe distance. Flying blocks and banging magnets, scooters in the living room and random too loud noises are much less stree-inducing.

Funny warning comes with the pastilles - appears they have a slightly laxative effect. Good thing it usually only takes ONE to do the job! (Of keeping me calm, not getting things moving.)

5 comments:

Kit said...

Ha! I was going to ask you tonight if you'd tried the Rescue Remedy again, but forgot. Guess you have! Isn't it remarkable stuff?

Kyddryn said...

Heh...and it wasn't even as chaotic as usual last night! Good grief...next week I'm bringing duct tape and we can play "The big mean bank robbers locked you in the vault and now you have to chew your way free" or something. :-)

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Rick said...

I'm sorry... what did you say? I wasn't listening.

http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Charlie Hills said...

If I could save calm in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do...

Now that's going to be stuck in my head all day...

Charlie Hills said...

Wow. That post was from last July!